What We Do
We take pride in helping our community become more responsible
dog owners by helping people train their dogs in obedience and
Annual scholarship to the University of California Veterinary
School of Medicine at Davis, California Annual scholarship to
Hartnell College Veterinary Technology at Salinas, California
Disaster relief donations following the Oakland Fire Storm,
Florida’s Hurricane, Hawaii’s Hurricane, the Midwest floods,
Southern California’s fires, Southern California and Northern
California’s earthquake, Monterey County flood, Search and
Rescue organizations, September 11, 2001 disaster fund,
Sheriff’s Department Canine Dog Protection Vests and various
local Santa Cruz County animal needs
Annual demonstrations at the Santa Cruz County Fair.
Periodic obedience demonstrations and speakers for the Santa
Cruz, San Benito and Monterey County schools, community
events, organizations and the Capitola Mall.
MBDTC Members support their community by providing a variety
of services and events that help create better Canine Good Citizenship.
They support CCI, Guide Dogs for the Blind and the Morris
Animal Foundation, a leader in research.
Year-round obedience, conformation and agility
classes provide handlers tools to move ahead rapidly with training.
- UC Davis Veterinary Scholarship
- National Disaster Search Dog Foundation
- Morris Animal Foundation
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Canine Companions for Independence
- Canine Defense Fund (ADOA)
Additional Recent Donations - to focus on relevant needs
- Peninusla Humane Society (for Burlingame PG&E Gas Fire)
- Portuguese Water Dog Foundation (in memory of Lloyd D'Augusta)
- San Benito Sheriff's office (Special rappelling clip for K-9 unit)
- Watsonville PD & Santa Cruz Sheriff's Office: Bullet-Proof vests for K-9 Units)